Saturday, March 8, 2014

Straw Bags Obsessed


Did you notice - straw bags are everywhere lately?  Or have they always been popular but I've never paid attention to them as they were not (ahem), leather or (cough, cough) branded?

Of course, the crafter in me started scrutinizing every little detail, convinced that I could easily re-create the bags. Most times, I will be frank, my obsessions end up as big fat flops. A result of my over-ambitious imagination that, sadly, far exceeds my crochet / knitting skills. 

Still I continued to populate my Pinterest boards with picture after picture of simple, gorgeous crochet bags.  Then the final straw came when I saw a friend carrying this J crew bag.  In a yarn store, no less. It was just meant to be. 

I went home and started crocheting.  6 rolls of raffia yarn and a super tender wrist later... 




With this simple handcrafted bag - a personal milestone has been crossed.  I am pleased as punch that my crochet skills have managed to catch up with my imagination.  The bag may need to be lined..  but that's another challenge for another day.  For now, it's time to sit back and dream about my next bag.









No comments: