Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine heart clips





To be honest, I used to find hearts, well.. cheesy.  Anything heart-shaped just seemed tacky and too saccharine sweet.  I'm more of a polka dots and stars person.

At least that's what I thought.  Until I came across this link (http://mamas2hands.wordpress.com/2013/03/15/a-tour-through-crochet-country/).  I was skeptical but Valentine's Day was coming up and I am always a sucker for a good crochet chart.  If the pattern was written out, I would not have given it a second glance.

As I tested out the pattern, I realised that I had the perfect yarn (or thread, rather) in my stash.  In multiple colours, no less.  Just LOVE it when that magical moment happens.  I poured out all the little balls of size 40 tatting cotton that I had bought many years ago, and started combining different colors together.  And voila.. the cutest little hearts.  Seriously cute.  My minimalist heart began to melt and the little girl inside started to squeal at the adorable colors and try on the clips.  

So yes, I'm still more of a polka dots and stars girl, but on Valentine's Day, I think hearts are ok.



No comments: